Holiday parks

NCAT can resolve disputes between holiday park owners and long-term casual occupants.

Holiday parks cases are managed through NCAT's Consumer and Commercial Division.

A long-term casual occupant is a person who leaves their van in a caravan park for occasional recreational use during the year, such as weekends or during the holidays.

How to apply

Download and complete an application form. Lodge your application at any NCAT Registry Office, NSW Fair Trading or Service NSW Centre.


Fees are payable for holiday parks applications. View the fees and charges schedule or apply for a fee waiver.

What happens next

​After lodging your application with NCAT you can expect a hearing within 6 weeks.

Orders NCAT can make

NCAT can make the following orders under the Holiday Parks (Long-term Casual Occupation) Act 2002:

  • an order about a breach of the occupation agreement
  • an order for the payment of money
  • an or​​der for compensation
  • termination of the agreement.

Organisations that can help

NCAT cannot provide legal advice. Find out how we can and cannot assist. Below are some organisations that can provide help or advice about your case.

Return to top of page Back to top