Procedural Directions and Guidelines
Procedural Directions provide information on specific issues and complement existing NCAT Legislation and Rules. Guidelines provide guidance to parties on specific divisional issues.
The following Procedural Directions apply to proceedings in all NCAT Divisions.
- Procedural Direction 1 - Service and Giving Notice (PDF , 152.4 KB)
- Procedural Direction 2 - Summonses (PDF , 190.9 KB)
- Procedural Direction 3 - Expert Evidence (PDF , 151.5 KB)
- Procedural Direction 4 - Registrars' Powers Directions (PDF , 130.2 KB)
- Procedural Direction 5 - Acceptance of Home Building claims (PDF , 133.0 KB)
- Procedural Direction 6 - Filing of documents (PDF , 208.6 KB)
An archive of revoked and superseded NCAT Procedural Directions is also available.
Registrars' Powers Directions
- Table of Registrars' Powers Directions (PDF , 37.5 KB)
- Registrars' Power Direction - Representation, summons and access to documents (PDF , 19.7 KB)
- Registrars' Power Direction - Extension of time where parties consent (PDF , 17.2 KB)
The following Guidelines apply to all NCAT proceedings.
- Internal Appeals (PDF , 273.7 KB)
- Representatives for people who cannot represent themselves (GALs) (PDF , 167.9 KB)
- Adjournments (PDF , 192.0 KB)
Consumer and Commercial Division Guidelines
The following Guidelines apply to proceedings in NCAT's Consumer and Commercial Division.
- Conciliation and hearing by the same Member (PDF , 163.5 KB)
- Confidentiality, privacy and publication (PDF , 169.2 KB)
- Costs (PDF , 173.0 KB)
- Home building applications (PDF , 173.7 KB)
- Online applications (PDF , 163.6 KB)
- Representation (PDF , 171.9 KB)
- Use of electronic evidence in Tribunal proceedings (PDF , 161.7 KB)
Occupational Division Guidelines
The following Guidelines apply to proceedings in NCAT's Occupational Division.