Updated retail leases application forms

Announcement – 21 June 2019

NCAT has recently updated the retail leases application forms to highlight the requirement to attempt mediation before applying to the Tribunal.  The updated forms also clarify the jurisdiction limit for retail lease disputes.

Retail tenants (lessees) and landlords (lessors) can apply to NCAT to resolve a retail tenancy dispute. Retail lease disputes include payment of money, claims for repairs, and changes to the lease.

Before applying to NCAT parties must attempt mediation with the NSW Small Business Commissioner. Exceptions are applications for urgent interim orders or the appointment of a specialist retail valuer.

Learn more about resolving a retail lease dispute at NCAT.

Return to top of page Back to top