Understanding your rights - Law Week 2022
Announcement – 16 May 2022
NSW Law Week is happening during 16-22 May 2022. This week’s community events and activities are designed to help you understand the law, the legal system and the legal profession.
View the NSW Law Week program of community events and activities including:
- Law Week talks in your public library, including webinars by Legal Aid NSW.
- Metropolitan events including free legal advice sessions in a number of libraries across Sydney.
- Rural, regional and remote events including an information session about dealing with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) service providers.
- Online events including a series of lunch and learn sessions and webinars.
Learn more about the law
There are a number of services in NSW that provide free or low-cost legal information, advice and assistance.
- NCAT’s Get legal help and advice webpage lists a number of services that can help you with legal information and advice in NSW.
- Find Legal Answers website provides information on everyday questions about the law in NSW and is co-ordinated by the State Library of NSW.
- LawAccess NSW provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in NSW.