NCAT Annual Report 2019-2020
Announcement - 22 December 2020
The NCAT Annual Report 2019-2020 was tabled in NSW Parliament on 17 December 2020. The report is now available to download from the NCAT website.
NCAT Annual Report 2019-2020 (PDF , 2.1 MB)
The Report details the Tribunal's performance against the eight areas of Tribunal excellence set out in the Australia and New Zealand Excellence Framework published by the Council of Australasian Tribunals.
The Report also provides specific information about the performance and operations of the Tribunal's Divisions and the Appeal Panel.
2019-2020 in Review
69,735 Applications lodged
- 64.4% of all applications lodged online
- 81.5% of applications in the Consumer and Commercial Division lodged online
- 643 internal appeals lodged
79,645 Hearings held
- From July 2019 to February 2020, hearings were held in 70 locations across NSW with 30% of hearings in regional areas
- From March 2020, NCAT transitioned to almost 100% of matters being held virtually via telephone or video conference
66,688 Applications finalised
- Achieved an overall clearance ratio of 95.6%
76 Community consultations, stakeholder group meetings, Tribunal Member and staff training
4.6+ million Website page views
- Top 10 terms searched on the NCAT website in 2019-2020: adjournment, hearing notes, summons, appeal, set aside, fees, warrant, reinstatement, appeals and forms
- 1,370 followers on NCAT Twitter
- 3,675 subscribers to NCAT online alerts and e-newsletters