Resolve a case by agreement

If you are able to resolve your matter with the other party there may be no need to attend a hearing. 

Reach an agreement before the hearing

Many issues can be resolved successfully outside of NCAT’s hearing process.

Try to resolve your issues by talking or negotiating directly with the other party.  Please advise NCAT in writing if you reach an agreement before the hearing. 

Resolving guardianship cases

Most people with a decision-making disability manage in the community with help from their family, friends and service providers. They do not need a guardian or a financial manager. You should consider whether there is an appropriate alternative.

Alternative dispute resolution

NCAT uses a range of alternative dispute resolution processes to help parties resolve their dispute before the hearing.

Last updated:

28 Jul 2020

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
*What did you like about it?
Please select a valid option.
Additional comments (optional)
*Help us improve the website. How could we make it better?
Please select a valid option.
Add your feedback
Thank you for your feedback.
We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we work and we pay respect to the Elders, past, present and future.
Return to top of page Back to top