Sound recording and transcripts

Parties to proceedings or their legal representatives can request a copy of the sound recording.​​

Sound recordings are available for most NCAT hearings. Conciliation and mediation sessions are not recorded as they are confidential.​

NCAT does not generally provide hearing transcripts. Exceptions apply for certain matters.

Request a sound recording

To request a copy of the sound recording:

  1. Complete the​ Request for sound recording form (PDF , 159.4 KB)
  2. Send the completed form with payment by email or post to your nearest NCAT Registry.

NCAT sound recordings are provided on a CD. You can listen to the recording on a computer using the speakers or headphones. You may also use a DVD or CD player that can play MP3 or WMA audio files.

How to arrange a tran​​​script

​To arrange for a transcript:

  1. Request a copy of the sound recording.
  2. Contact a transcription service to order a transcript of the sound recording provided by NCAT.

Finding a transcription service

There are many transcription services available in NSW.  Enter 'legal transcription service nsw​' into your web search engine to locate a service near you.​

Exceptions for certain matters

Transcripts are available for some hearings in NCAT's Administrative & Equal Opportunity Division, Occupational Division or Appeal Panel where:

  • A transcript has been prepared at the request of a Member, or 
  • Part of the hearing was confidential and no sound recording is available. A transcript of the public part of the hearing can be ordered.​​

Copyright of sound recordings and transcripts

Sound recordings and transcripts are subject to Crown Copyright. They must not be copied, published or uploaded to any website or social media platform.

Return to top of page Back to top