Residential communities

Under the Residential (Land Lease) Communities Act 2013, residential community owners, operators and residents can apply to NCAT to resolve a wide range of disputes. ​

Residential communities cases are managed through NCAT's Consumer and Commercial Division.

​'Residential community' is the new name for residential parks, caravan parks andmanufactured home estates where people live on a permanent basis.

How to apply

Complete the the application form and submit to NCAT with the relevant fee. 

Refer to the Residential communities fact sheet (PDF , 339.8 KB) for the types of orders that can be made.


Fees are payable for residential communities applications. View our fees and charges or apply for a fee waiver.

Attach a company ​or business name extract​

If you are making an application against a business or company, please attac​​h a recent ASIC company or business name extract​​ with your application.

Collective applications

​If at least 25% of home owners object to an increase in site fees by notice, they can make a 'collective' application to NCAT.

Making a collective application

A nominated representative of the home owners will need to complete the following forms:

What happens next

Compulsory mediation

The home owners must first take part​ in compulsory mediation run by NSW Fair Trading.  If the mediation fails, then they can apply to NCAT​.​

​The notice of failed mediation issued by NSW Fair Trading must be attached​​.

Orders NCAT can make

Refer to the Residential communities fact sheet (PDF , 339.8 KB) for the types of orders that can be made under the Residential (Land Lease) Communities Act 2013.

For orders about abandoned or uncollected goods you will need to lodge a separate application. Learn more about uncollected goods.


The following legislation applies to residential communities.

Useful resources

Organisations that can help

NCAT cannot provide legal advice. Find out how we can and cannot assist. Below are some organisations that can provide help or advice about your case.

Return to top of page Back to top