Review of financial management orders
NCAT can review the financial management orders that it makes.
Most financial management orders are indefinite and apply to all of the person's financial affairs. NCAT can exclude part of a person's estate from the financial management order in limited circumstances. Sometimes, NCAT will decide to review a financial management order within a specified time.
For more information read the fact sheet Review or revoke financial management orders fact sheet.
Requesting a review of a financial management order
You can apply for a review of a financial management order and request NCAT to revoke or vary the order. You can apply for the revocation of a financial management order if the person has regained the capacity to manage their affairs or it is in the best interests of the person for the order to be revoked.
To request a review, complete the application form and lodge with your attachments to NCAT's Guardianship Division.
- Review or revoke a financial management order application form
- Information for Applicants - Review or revoke a financial management order fact sheet
Review of the appointment of a financial manager
You can apply for a review of the appointment of a particular financial manager rather than the financial management order itself. NCAT can only revoke the appointment of a financial manager if it is satisfied that:
- The appointed manager seeks revocation, or
- It would be in the best interests of the person with an appointed financial manager to have the appointment revoked, or
- The financial management order itself has been revoked.
A wide range of helpful fact sheets about applications dealt with by NCAT's Guardianship Division are available on the Guardianship Division fact sheets page.