NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)


Making a complaint about NCAT

Announcement - 22 April 2016

Th​​e NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) has published a new fact sheet and updated its policy on making a complaint about NCAT.

​The new fact sheet sets out​ how complaints are managed by NCAT and what kind of response you will​​ receive.

Making a co​mpl​​aint

Take the following steps when making a complaint about NCAT.

Step 1: Contact the NCAT Registry in person, by telephone or email to discuss your problem.

Step 2: If not resolved, ask for your issue to be referred to a Deputy Registrar for informal review and response.

Step 3: If your issue still cannot be resolved directly with the Registry, complete the NCAT Complaint Form.​

Find out more about making a complaint.

Can a complaint change the decision?

No. Complaints cannot change a Tribunal decision.

If you want a decision changed, seek independent legal advice about any rights of set aside, review​ or appeal you may have.​