Other reviews of government agency decisions

​There are a number of other decisions that can be reviewed by NCAT. NCAT can only review decisions which are specified in the legislation under which the decision is made. 

If you do not agree with a decision made by a NSW government agency you may be able to get the decision reviewed by NCAT. This includes decisions made by the NSW Trustee and Guardian and Public Guardian.

The government agency that made the decision will tell you if your decision can be reviewed. If you are unsure whether NCAT can review the decision see the list ​of A​cts which gives NCAT jurisdiction.

For more information see the Steps in an administrative review matter.

Land Matters

NCAT's Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division can review some other​​ government agency decisions about land under the following Acts.

  • Agricultural Industry Services Act 1998
  • Australian Oil Refining Agreements Act 1954
  • Commons Management Act 1989
  • Crown Lands Act 1989​
  • Crown Lands (Continued Tenures) Act 1989
  • Hay Irrigation Act 1902
  • Local Lands Services Act 2013
  • Port Kembla Inner Harbour Construction and Agreement Ratification Act 1955
  • Water Act 1912
  • Wentworth Irrigation Act 1890
  • Western Lands Act 1901 ​
If your land matter is about a dividing fence it will be dealt with in the Consumer and Commercial Division of NCAT.