Consumer and Commercial Division 

NCAT's Consumer and Commercial Division resolves a wide range of everyday disputes such as tenancy and other issues relating to residential property, and disputes about the supply of goods and services.

Matter types

​NCAT Online

Lodge your application online with NCAT Online.



eServicesReceive NCAT notices and orders by email with eServices.


NCAT Video​s

NCAT VideoWatch our series of online videos​ to learn more about NCAT 's services.

Does NCAT have jurisdiction?

NCAT can only hear matters where legislation gives it the power to do so. To decide whether your matter can be dealt with by NCAT, view the list of legislation which gives this Division jurisdiction.

If you are thinking about lodging a claim in the Consumer and Commercial Division and both you and the other party are natural persons (not a company or government agency) and one of you is a permanent resident of a State other than NSW, NCAT may not be able to decide your case.

Before lodging any claim, you should contact LawAccess NSW or get other legal advice.