NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)

​New residential communities legislation

Announcement - 2 November 2015

On 1 November 2015 the Residential (Land Lease) Communities Act 2013 came into effect replacing the former residential parks laws.

The new laws also introduce major changes to the type and nature of applications to NCAT.

Resolving disputes

Home owners and operators can apply to NCAT's Consumer and Commercial Division to resolve a wide range of residential community disputes.

NCAT can resolve disputes about site fees, community rules, utility charges and the sale of homes. NCAT can also make orders following mediation with NSW Fair Trading.

Learn more about resolving a residential communities dispute.

View the full list of Tribunal orders that can be applied for.

Site fee disputes

The new laws have changed the way site fee disputes are resolved. 

If 25% or more home owners object to a site increase by notice, compulsory mediation must be attempted.  If mediation fails, a collective application can then be made to NCAT.

Application forms

NCAT has developed a new application form for residential community disputes.

Residential communities applicationApply now136kB85kB
​Residential communities collective application​-​133kB75kB
​Residential communities schedule of home owners​-​-​54kB

For more information read the Residential communities fact sheet [PDF, 118kB].​